What is Frodo V4.1?
Frodo V4.1 is a free, portable C64 emulator for BeOS, Unix, MacOS,
AmigaOS, RiscOS and WinNT/95 systems.
Some of the emulation's features:
- This emulator focuses on the exact reproduction of special graphical effects possible on the C64, and has therefore relatively high system requirements. It should only be run on systems with at least a PowerPC/Pentium/68060.
- Frodo is capable of running most games and demos correctly, even those with FLI, FLD, DYCP, open borders, multiplexed sprites, timing dependent decoders, fast loaders etc.
- 6510 emulation: All undocumented opcodes, 100% correct decimal mode, instruction/cycle exact emulation.
- VIC emulation: Line-/cycle-based emulation, all display modes, sprites with collisions/priorities, DMA cycles, open borders, all $d011/$d016 effects.
- SID emulation: Real-time digital emulation (16 bit, 44.1kHz), including filters (only under BeOS, Linux, HP-UX, MacOS and AmigaOS).
- 1541 emulation: Drive simulation in directories, .d64/x64 or .t64/LYNX files, or processor-level 1541 emulation that works with about 95% of all fast loaders and even some copy protection schemes.
- Other peripherals: Keyboard and joystick (real joysticks (only under BeOS, Linux and AmigaOS) or keyboard emulation).
- The full source code in C++ is available.
- Frodo is freeware. Why pay >$40 for a C64 emulator?
- BeBox or PowerMac with BeOS Preview Release
- Unix systems with X11R6 or Linux/SVGAlib (Tcl/Tk 4.1 recommended)
- 68k or PPC Macintosh with System 7.5
- Amiga/DraCo with 68040/68060, AmigaOS 3.0 and a graphics card
- Acorn computers with RiscOS 3
- Intel x86 system running Windows NT/95