What is Frodo V2.4?
Frodo V2.4 is a multitasking freeware C64 emulator for the Amiga and DraCo computers.
Some of the emulation's features:
- This emulator focuses on the exact reproduction of special graphical effects possible on the 64, and has therefore relatively high system requirements. Using a 68060-50 and a CyberVision card gives about 140-160% of the original C64 speed in standard text mode in the emulation's most precise mode and about 700% in its fastest mode.
- Using a line-based VIC model, Frodo is capable of running most games and demos correctly, even those with FLI, FLD, DYCP, open top/bottom borders, multiplexed sprites etc. A single-cycle version of the emulator. "Frodo SC", is included that runs even those programs that fail on the line-based emulation.
- A graphics card (any one whose modes are selectable with a screenmode requester will do) is strongly recommended for faster display as the emulator's routines have been designed for a chunky display memory. The "Graffiti" video card is also supported.
- Sound is supported either through the Amiga sound channels or a special expansion card featuring a real C64 SID chip (schematics included).
- C64 disk drives may be simulated in Amiga directories or .d64/.x64 files. You can also connect a real 1541 to your Amiga using a small adaptor cable that is described in the manual.
- Full keyboard and joystick emulation.
- Some small demo programs and the full source code in C and assembly language are included in the archive.
- Much faster than Frodo V3.x/4.x, should be used on <68060 Amigas
OS2.1 and a 68020 (or better)